What does it take to be beautiful ? I mean physical beauty. It it feels so awkward to even ask this since, in general, beauty is mostly a matter of the heart.
You might be surprised to hear about my idea of physical beauty. Basically, to me, physical beauty equates with health. Every face, every age, every body type, hair type or skin color is beautiful when it is healthy.
Skin is especially telling. It is the first thing we see. The skin of the face is vulnerable and worthy of our protection. It is sun season again, and I would love to see everyone take pride in and care of their skin.
What are the main steps to beautiful skin ?
- Optimize your fitness, nutrition and hydration.
- Cleanse and moisturize twice per day.
- Exfoliate once per week.
- Sun (UV) protect ardently.
- Never tan. Never.
- Be assured sunscreen is safe.
- Chose a broad spectrum sunscreen with SPF 30 or greater.
- Chose a water resistant brand.
- Apply 15 minutes before going out so it will soak in.
- Reapply every 2 hours.
- Consider a hat or SPF clothing.
- Get a partner to "watch your back" for any suspicious moles.
- See your dermalogist for any concerns.
- Enjoy summer.
- Be beautiful.